My parents just moved into a new house and we need help identifying a vine. - Knowledgebase Question

Colleyville, Texas
Question by rmason3000
There is a vine growing up the side of my parents new balcony with bunches of small pink/purple flowers. We need help identifying what it is.
Thumb of 2017-08-23/rmason3000/d41ff2
Thumb of 2017-08-23/rmason3000/088a31

Name: greene
Savannah, GA (Sunset 28) (Zone 8b)
Dreams don't work unless you do.
Answer from greene

10

Woo Hoo!!!
It took me three years to identify this plant when I obtained it.
It is called Evergreen Wisteria. It may not be evergreen everywhere and it is not a Wisteria; so much for common names.

Callerya reticulata is the botanical name.

Here is an excellent photo contributed to the NGA database by mjsponies:

Colleyville, Texas
A comment from rmason3000
Thank you so much! Would you happen to know how we care for it and if or when it needs to be pruned?

Name: Vicki
Rocklin, CA (Zone 9b)
A comment from MunchkinsMom
This web page from Singapore National Parks has some info you may find interesting, although some of it is highly technical. Towards the middle of the page is info on care and propagation. https://florafaunaweb.nparks.g...

Name: Tiffany purpleinopp
Opp, AL 🌵🌷⚘🌹🌻 (Zone 8b)
Answer from purpleinopp

1

No plant naturally needs to be pruned, but if it gets out of bounds, trimming right after blooming is usually the best plan to not affect the blooms for the following year.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"