HELP!!! My elephant ear is yellowing! - Knowledgebase Question

Southeastern North Carolina
Question by Eadrll
Greetings!

I live in Southeastern North Carolina and have several elephant ear plants that I transplanted early this past Spring. Some are on the North side of the house and some on the southern side. I water them 1-2 times per week consistently. However, the large leaves are yellowing and dying. I tried watering with Miracle-Grow but there was no improvement. I read that Epson salt could help and I tried it, but now it has gotten worse. I don't want to loose them! What can I do?

Thank you!
Elsa

Name: Tiffany purpleinopp
Opp, AL 🌵🌷⚘🌹🌻 (Zone 8b)
Answer from purpleinopp

1

Are your plants Colocasia esculenta, or one of the other genus/species that share the nickname "elephant ears?" There are many, with various preferences. One commonality is preferring to stay moist at all times. If you are able to add a pic of the spot, that would help folks recognize possible causes for unhappiness.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"