How do I add a new plant? - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Sherri Page
Granite Falls, WA (Zone 7b)
Question by SherriRaye
I have been trying to add a new plant but I can't seem to get it to work. The only information that I have is Rhododendron 'Lem's Stormcloud'. I put Rhododendron under genus and put Lem's Stormcloud under the trade name....is that the correct spot? So then I hit the prompt to go to the next page but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

Name: Lin
Florida Zone 9b, 10a

Answer from plantladylin

1

SherriRaye, I see that your photos for Rhododendron 'Polarnacht' are now showing up in the database. Check your system messages by clicking the little bell icon at the top right of this page, then click on view past system messages and somewhere down the page you should see a thumbnail of your first photo and something to the effect of telling you it was the very first photo ever posted to that entry and that you received 2 acorns! It may not have shown up if you checked before the photos were added by administrators to the database. All photos and data go into queues to wait for administration to approve.

Name: Sherri Page
Granite Falls, WA (Zone 7b)
A comment from SherriRaye
Hi Lin....wouldn't the acorns also show up next to the likes under the photo that I added?

Can you help me figure out why I can't add my Rhododedron 'Lem's Stormcloud'?

Name: Kent Pfeiffer
Southeast Nebraska (Zone 5b)
A comment from KentPfeiffer
No. The acorns you get for uploading pictures have nothing to do with acorn tips ( the acorn next to the thumbs button).

As for adding a plant, are you sure you are spelling the genus correctly? I ask because you didn't in your most recent post and the database will automatically reject proposals to add plants if it doesn't recognize the genus.

Name: Sherri Page
Granite Falls, WA (Zone 7b)
A comment from SherriRaye
Adding the url did it. Thanks, Kent, I didn't understand what that note to moderator meant.

Name: Dave Whitinger
Jacksonville, Texas (Zone 8b)
Answer from dave

0

You would enter Lem's Stormcloud as the cultivar name.

Name: Sherri Page
Granite Falls, WA (Zone 7b)
A comment from SherriRaye
I tried that and then hit the "proceed to step two" button but nothing else happens. It stays on the same page. Also, I added a couple of photos for Rhododendron Polarnacht that didn't have any photos before.....aren't I supposed to get 2 acorns?

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"