Untitled - Knowledgebase Question

Dana Point Ca 92624
Question by 13rapsr
How can I keep raccoons from eating my veggies? Southern California Orange County

Name: Carol
Santa Ana, ca
Sunset zone 22, USDA zone 10 A.
A comment from ctcarol
Have you tried giving them cat/dog food in a different area? I know you're not supposed to feed the wildlife, but...

Name: Rj
Just S of the twin cities of M (Zone 4b)
Answer from crawgarden

2

I had to trap the raccoons out of my yard, I used a live trap. If you did not want to do it yourself there may be some urban trappers in the yellow pages (google) look under pest control.

Name: Daisy I
Reno, Nv (Zone 6b)
Not all who wander are lost
A comment from DaisyI
If you decide to trap them, check the laws of your state. In some states (including mine) there is a fine for transporting wild animals. Also (including mine), in some places, it is illegal to kill them. You have to hire an exterminator.

That's why I suggested a hot wire.

Edited to add: I just noticed you are in California (my old home town). The law in CA says you can not transport them ($1000 fine) but you can kill them on your own property.

Name: Daisy I
Reno, Nv (Zone 6b)
Not all who wander are lost
Answer from DaisyI

-1

You may have to use a hot wire. Raccoons are hard to discourage but hot wires are very affective. You have to run wire a couple inches above the ground all the way around your garden area and arm it at night.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"