Watermelon plant leaf! - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Jesus Serrano
Los angeles (Zone 10a)
Question by JSG96
Hello guys I've been growing a watermelon plant and today I watered my plant and it looked great! Left to work and came back home and my plant looks wilted on some leafs and also looks burned idk what this is can someone help? I did find a beetle on it and I'm not sure if that could have caused this. Thanks!
Thumb of 2017-08-27/JSG96/3f69ff
Thumb of 2017-08-27/JSG96/2f0839

Name: Daisy I
Reno, Nv (Zone 6b)
Not all who wander are lost
Answer from DaisyI

0

Hi Jesus,

Happy in the morning and wilted in the afternoon is okay. Afternoon hot weather wilting is normal. But... If your plant does not recover in the evening and is still wilted in the morning, you have a problem.

Keep the soil evenly moist but do not water if you see your plant wilted in the heat. More water is not what it needs, just a little less heat.

If you've had the heat we have had this summer, a little sunburn wouldn't be surprising. I add shade cloth when the weather gets and stays hot (like this summer) to add a little protection.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"