Transplanting Citrus Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Garden Friend
Anaheim, CA
Question by bzywiciel
I have several established dwarf citrus trees in raised brick planters. Is it possible for me to transplant them to another part of my yard, and if so, what's the best way?

0

It's easier to transplant trees and shrubs from containers than from open garden areas because the roots will be concentrated in one area. Water the planters really well the day before the move, then dig carefully to remove the trees. Have the planting holes already prepared prior to digging the trees, then plop them into their new homes immediately. Water them well after replanting. It's less stressful on plants if you move them on an overcast day, or late in the evening so they can get settled in before having to contend with hot afternoon sunshine. Water your newly transplanted trees regularly to help them become restablished.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"