Perennials To Go With Hosta - Knowledgebase Question

Covington Ky, KY
Question by dreyn62457
I have a small free standing fountain in my front yard. I bought a golden colored hosta to plant by it but I'm wondering what perennials would go good with this hosta. Also my fountain is dark brown with red tint. Most of my colors are browns and brick color also red. I need a flower that would go with these colors and it would be shady in morning there and full sun afternoon.

0

Usually, a spot with full shade all morning and full sun all afternoon is too hot and sunny for hosta, although they will tolerate morning sun with afternoon shade. For a spot with afternoon sun you might look at sun-lovers such as yarrow (available with blooms in yellow, red, brick-pink), black-eyed-Susan, Russian sage, purple cone flower, dianthus, and daylilies.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"