Ornamental Bark Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Slate Hill, NY
Question by redbarn371
looking for prunus mackii (amur chockberry) with a ornamental cinamon bark cannot locate any supplier of this tree only in pictures any help thank you stanley

0

Prunus maackii or Amur Chokeberry is considered somewhat weak wooded and is not usually all that long lived of a tree, so that may explain why it is difficult to find in commerce. Although there are some wholesale suppliers (you can locate several by web search using the latin name as search term) I am unable to provide you with a mail order retail source. A possible substitute with a similar mature size and lovely Cinnamon colored bark interest might be Acer griseum or paperbark maple, for instance. This is often available through garden centers and ornamental specialty catalogs such as Wayside Gardens ( 800-845-1124) or Carroll Gardens (800) 638-6334. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.