Flowering Cabbage - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Michelle Charlton
Richmond, VA
Question by carovagrl
I know nothing about Flowering Cabbage. I have started Flowering Cabbage seeds in containers in my garage. They are about 1 inch tall. Will they be ready to transplant in the fall and will they be mature by the fall season?

0

Actually, your cabbage should be mature in a matter of 8 or 9 weeks. If you want some for your fall plantings, start another batch of seeds in mid-August. They'll enjoy the cooler temperatures of fall, too.

When your current seedlings have their second set of true leaves, transplant them to individual peat pots for a few weeks, and then pop them into your garden. I'm not sure how they'll do in the humid heat of a Virginia summer, but they'll probably do better in a place that gets partial shade. Good luck!