Edging Flower Beds - Knowledgebase Question

Strongsville, OH
Avatar for mjmgott
Question by mjmgott
April 25, 2000
Is there a tool or machine I could rent or buy that would dig a trough between my yard and flower beds? I've seen very straight neat barriers in others yards and it doesn't look like it was done by hand. I also don't want to dig by hand. I don't know what to ask for at a store or rental place.

Answer from NGA
April 25, 2000
Edging can be a lot of work, especially if your soil is dense and compacted, and the sod very tough, so I don't blame you for not wanting to do it by hand! The tool you're looking for is a lawn edger. Some edgers are simple and small, such as those that attach to small garden tillers, or you can get specialized lawn edgers from rental outlets. Once you have created the clean edge, you can install edging material that creates a barrier between your lawn and flower beds.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Visual_Botanics and is called "Hidden Bird Bath"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.