Mildew On Indoor House Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Reading, PA
Question by psa9159586
I have a colon that has mildew on it and I cannot get rid of it. It also has small bugs on it the color of the mildew, and its very webby. The mildew that is. How can I get rid of this, and what can I use?

0

Spider mites can cause a white speckled or dusted appearance on the leaves in addition to fine webbing, so I suspect you may have a case of spider mites rather than mildew. Spider mites are worst during the winter when the inside air is warm and very dry due to the heating system. To combat spider mites, rinse the plant in a strong spray of water once a week -- a kitchen sprayer is perfect for this -- washing both top and bottom sides of the leaves and the stems. Then set the plant on a pebble tray to increase the humidity around it.