My Sugar Snap Got Disease? - Knowledgebase Question

Aiken, SC
Question by vendat
Well, this is the first time I plant sugar snap, so don't know anything about it!! Please help!
I realized that there are some white "lines" on some of the leaves, and later on, the white areas expanded and became vacuoles! And there were many black rod like things in them!!!! I wonder isn't that a kind of disease and what should I do!!! Thanks for helping!

0

Ven,

Very strange indeed! The description of the symptoms does not ring a bell. White on pea leaves may be powdery mildew. The black substance may be sooty mold growing on some sugars substance, perhaps a sign of aphids and the honeydew they secrete. The lines in the leaves that appear as vacuoles may be leaf miners, an insect that does not need to be treated for since it does little damage in most cases. The black rod-like structures are a bit of a mystery.

For a hands-on diagnosis I suggest you take a sample to your local Extension Office (phone 803-649-6671).

Thanks for stopping in with your question. Please visit us again soon!