Silver Lace Vine Care - Knowledgebase Question

Peabody, MA
Question by wilkwifetoo
Last year and several years ago in another location I purchased silver lace vine from your catalog. This year I can not find it anywhere in any catalog. I would like to know how to care for it. Do I cut it back in the winter? How can I improve its growth? Thank you, Gail

0

Silver lace vine (Polygonum aubertii) is a rampant grower and does not require much care except for an annual cutting back in early spring if needed to remove any winterkill and to control its size. It does seem to leaf out a bit late in the spring. It does best in full sun with a rich soil that is evenly moist, but will tolerate partial shade and average soil. An annual application of compost and/or complete fertilizer in early spring should be adequate.