Trumpet Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Kings Beach, CA
Question by dbbhom1
My trumpet vine looks dead and has no new growth. What can be do? Is it dead?

0

No new growth this late in spring isn't a good sign! I'd prune it down to the ground and hope for the best! Here are general growing guidelines:
Brugmansia or Angel's Trumpet loves a well drained soil with plenty of organic matter. It is not too picky about pH, but I would suggest avoiding very acid or very alkaline conditions. These plants are cold tender and will freeze to the ground most winters. They usually return the following spring if you mulch the base of the plant well. Give your Brugmansia full sun, although it will tolerate some partial shade. Keep it well watered with a good soaking every 5 days or so. Fertilize it when growth begins in the spring and every 4 weeks through early August with a complete fertilizer.

Hope new growth begins soon!