Old Fashioned Daisy - Knowledgebase Question

KS
Question by crowlp
When I was a child I remember there being thousands of daisies that grew wild behind our house out amongst the grass. The foliage stayed really low to the ground and was pretty compact. The flowers were only about as big around as a quarter. The stems usually had no foliage on them. They were white daisies with yellow centers and the stems were only about 12"-15" tall. The stems were probably no more that 1/8" in diameter. Can you give me any information on what type of daisy these might be. They have all died out due to new grass , etc.

0

I wonder if the plant you remember was Matricaria recutita, commonly called chamomile. Anthemis tinctoria looks very similar to Matricaria, but has larger flowers. Hope one of these is what you're looking for!