Insect Eggs In Astilbe? - Knowledgebase Question

Hampton Bays, NY
Question by Jay5alm
Hi
I planted atstilbe at the foundation of my house. I was cleaning them up and noticed inside folidge small yellowish eggs, I think they may be eggs. Do you know what they could be. There were many of them. Thank you

0

Based on your description I am not certain what you have found, because I can't think of a typical astilbe pest that would leave eggs in the foliage. You might have seen aphids clustering on the newest tender growth. They are small, soft bodied sucking insects and can be knocked off with a strong spray from the garden hose or sprayed with insecticidal soap according to the label instructions. If on the other hand you really did find some sort of eggs, probably the best thing to do would be to remove them.