Green Taro - Knowledgebase Question

North Vernon, IN
Question by jdickmey
On the elephant ears plants (green taro) which way do you plant the bulb? I have green starts about 2 inches long and planted them abouve ground and they are't growing.

0

It sounds like you planted it just fine. Since yours already has sprouts, the bulb could be set about a half inch under the soil surface so that the shoots are still above ground. The secret to growing this bulb is to give it very rich soil and a lot of water once it begins growing actively. It will not grow much until the weather and soil are both warm and the first thing it will do is establish some roots. I think you just need to be patient for a little longer.