Limp Cat's Claw Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, NV
Question by dasascph
I have recently purchased a cat's claw vine and it looks very limp. What can I do to make it look healthier? It gets regular watering and I fed it with miracle-gro. I have it climbing my arbor.

0

Cat's claw vine is extremely vigorous. Your plant may just be suffering from transplant shock as the summer heat is intense. I'd ease up on the fertilizer and water (they don't like overly wet soil), but keep the root area somewhat moist until it establishes itself. Hold back on fertilizer as cat's claw doesn't need much, if any, and you don't want to "force" it to perform in the heat. I've chopped back mature cat's claw to the ground to have maintenance done and they come back strong, so I think your plant will perk up.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"