Planting Flowers On A Small Patio - Knowledgebase Question

East Piitsburgh, PA
Question by Pete0928
Hello:
My question to you is what kind of plant or flowers I can grow on a very small Patio that gets a great deal of afternoon sun. I have my granddaughter here and she wanted to plant some flowers to see them grow. Can you please help me.

Thank You
Sally

0

In a hot sunny location such as you are describing you will have better results using sun loving plants and a larger container such as a half barrel planter. You might try marigolds, zinnias, dwarf sunflowers, blue salvia "Victoria", the ornamental sweet potato vines, or some herbs such as basil (tastes good on pizza and spaghetti) or lemon verbena (good in lemonade). You might even try a shorter variety of gladiolus, a cherry tomato plant or two and perhaps a few bush beans for fresh eating. Keep in mind you can mix and match in one container. Experiment a little and have fun!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"