Drainage - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Donald P.
Avon, OH
Avatar for pooders
Question by pooders
June 20, 2000
I would like to construct a drywell to expedite drainage in my back yard. How large in cubic ft.of area would be needed to accommodate 13,500 sq. ft. area of run off.

Answer from NGA
June 20, 2000
Drainage and runoff problems and evaluations are best managed by an on site professional. A drywell is normally used for a small amount of runoff such as that from a gutter, rather than to drain a large area such as yours. In addition to the size of the area contributing to the runoff, the answer to your question would depend on the amount of precipitation you are likely to receive at one time and the types of surfaces covering the area. A landscape architect or someone with a similar level of professional training in grading and runoff management should be able to help you determine what your options are in this instance. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by chhari55 and is called "Golden Sedum (Sedum adolphi)"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.