Flowers To Plant In Midsummer - Knowledgebase Question

Stroudsburg, PA
Question by revalacross
My office just relocated to The Poconos. What kind of flowers would be the best to plant this time of year? I would like to stick to flowers that are red, white and blue. Can you please help me?

0

You could plant annuals such as petunias in all three colors; or, for blue you could try ageratum, "Victoria" blue salvia, or a blue nemisia. For white, you could try white flowered bedding begonias or the white flowered vinca. For red, try scarlet red salvia, bedding dahlias, or even zinnias. Make sure the soil is well prepared with organic matter, that the plants are mulched, and that they receive ample water while they become established. These steps will help them through the hot weather while they are still rooting.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"