Yellowing Of Green Bean Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Detroit Lakes, MN
Question by donaldwgreen
My son who lives in Carlsbad, CA is having trouble with his green bean plants turning yellow. Is there any other cause other than to much water or lack of iron in the soil?

0

Yellow leaves can be caused by many things including lack of nitrogen, insufficient light, water-logged soil (plant roots need oxygen to thrive), dry soil, or iron deficiency. If the older bottom leaves are yellow, but new growth is green, it's usually a lack of nitrogen. If new leaves are yellow, with green veins, it's usually a lack of iron, or an inability of plant roots to utilize existing iron, often when soils are alkaline or too wet. Lack of nitrogen is a more common problem than lack of iron, especially in vegetable crops. Soil should be kept moderately moist (but not wet). I hope this info helps.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"