Groundcovers For Shade - Knowledgebase Question

Mesa, AZ
Question by proper1
I have a 3' by 10' area near my carport that is in partial shade. It gets the high noon sun only. When it rains there is some runoff from the roof. I am afraid flowers would get pounded. I would like a groundcover that would stay nice year round. I would like 2-3 different types of cover, flowering if possible. Thanks!

0

Some groundcovers that do well in the low desert include lantana, which comes in a variety of flower colors and mounds up to 1-2 feet high; myoporum, which is green and succulent and bears tiny white flowers in spring; and numerous species of ice plants, in many vivid colors. Another possible is Mexican evening primrose, which spreads readily and has a dainty pink flower, though this plant can become invasive.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"