Critter Repellent - Knowledgebase Question

Louisville, KY
Question by fstop6
HA... YOU THINK I'M SIGNING THIS ONE?!?!?!?!

I heard on a radio show (NPR's Splendid Table, no less) that the best way to keep critters out of the garden is to soak a porous material like broken up concrete blocks in the (here it comes folks) urine of a carnivour and circle the garden with the soaked broken blocks.... and the donor can be the being of your choice, I guess.

Please comment... I will sign off my computer and take my answer off the air.

THANKS

0

Some gardeners do report success using repellents based on predator urines. (They are available commercially.) In my own experience, a garden area that is simply perimeter "patrolled" by a pet dog is often avoided by critters such as rabbits. However, although I have not tried the predator urines, in my opinion the only truly reliable long term deterrent is a fence.