Sweet Peas - Knowledgebase Question

Sacramento, CA
Avatar for bob215
Question by bob215
I miss sweet peas here in Sacramento(I come from Denver). What type and planting techniques would give me that lovely fragrance here?
Thanks!

Sweet peas prefer to grow and bloom during the cooler spring and autumn weather, but there are two heat-resistant varieties that will perform well in your central California garden during the summer months. Try 'Galaxy' or 'Plenti-flora'. Sweet peas will need a trellis or support of some kind, full sun exposure, and quick-draining soil.

Soak the seeds for a few hours before sowing 1" deep and 1"-2" apart in prepared soil. When seedlings are 5"-6" tall, pinch out the tip to encourage branching. Water regularly (never allow soil to completely dry out), and your plants should be up and blooming in 6-8 weeks.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Visual_Botanics and is called "Hidden Bird Bath"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.