Unwanted Yucca Plants In Yard - Knowledgebase Question

Blue Springs, MO
Question by oshaun22
I have yucca plants starting to grow in my yard. How do I get rid of them? I like the look of the yucca plant on the side of my house, but not in the middle of my yard.
Please help. Thanks-Ryan

0

It is a bit unusual for yucca plants to simply begin to grow, so I suspect they may have been planted there at one time and are now beginning to regrow from the roots. This can be a real problem to control because they have amazing root reserves. Repeated mowing can help, but you may also need to control them by applying an herbicide containing glyphosate according to the label instructions, keep in mind you may have to repeat the application if the plants persist.