Yellow Leaves On Morning Glories - Knowledgebase Question

Pleasanton, CA
Question by maryadamswi
I planted Morning Glories from seeds this year and at first they were doing magnificently. Now I'm getting yellow leaves. Is this natural or do they need more iron, less water, or what? I feed them every 2 weeks with Miracle-Gro. The ones that have trailed the furthest and are the least compact seem to be doing the worst.

0

Yellowing leaves can indicate overwatering, which excludes oxygen from the roots and stresses the plants. Morning glories do best in full sunshine in average to rich, well drained soils. Water thoroughly enough to soak the root mass when you do water, but don't water again until the top of the soil begins to dry out. Hope the plants perk up soon!