Brown Spoting On Maple Tree. - Knowledgebase Question

Cincinnati, OH
Question by kathygllsp
I have a 40year+ maple tree that has brown spots on all its leaves.It started right after spring.Many leaves have been falling off.Was not much new growth.

0

There are many foliar problems that can beset maples, some of which are made worse by either a very wet or a dry season or if a tree is aged or otherwise stressed. Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to identify the cause of the spots in this instance. You might want to consult with your local county extension (825-6000) for a specific diagnosis and suggested treatments, if any, especially if it is something that might carry over to next year. I'm sorry about your tree and I wish I could be mroe helpful.