Deterring Peacocks - Knowledgebase Question

Tulsa, OK
Question by mg6
One of our neighbors has peacocks. Most of us love them roaming in our yards, but one neighbor dislikes the mess they can leave behind. I understand there are some plants you can plant in your yard that deter peacocks. Could you please help me identify these plants and where they can be purchased. I believe the association would purchase them for the kiljoy of the neighborhood.

0

Since I have had no personal experience with this problem, I consulted a gardening friend who keeps some. According to her experiences, the birds seem to leave conifers and rhododendrons alone for the most part, but are very attracted to many herbs, annuals, perennials and white flowers in particular as well as vegetable gardens. Unfortunately, she is not aware of any plants that will actively repel the peacocks. In cases where I have seen them in public gardens, they have been penned up. I'm sorry I can't be more encouraging.