Survive The Winter - Knowledgebase Question

Seattle, WA
Question by sugarwtr
I bought and planted some snapdragons in August and they have not bloomed at all, and are still fairly small. I am wondering if there is any chance they will survive the winter, and what I could do to increase their chances?

0

Snapdragons are annuals in your gardening region so there's no chance of their wintering over. Snaps thrive in full sunshine, in moist but well-draining soils. If your plants are still very small, it means they got a late start and will probably not flower this year. Snapdragons should be planted by mid-May so they'll have time to bloom by mid-summer. After the flowers fade you can cut off the stem and the plant will develop one or two (smaller) flowering stems. Hope you have better success with snaps next summer!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"