Joseph's Coat - Knowledgebase Question

Name: sharon mccormick
Cleveland, OH
Question by shm5
We recently visited Monticello, and I was really impressed with the Joseph's Coat. You do have the seeds, but I need to know if they will grow here, I am in Zone 5, Cleveland, Ohio. Also what exposure do they need? Sun, shade, partial shade? I'm hoping partial shade will do it.
Thanks

0

Joseph's Coat, or Amaranthus tricolor, is an annual plant that grows in all gardening zones. They perform best in full sun to partial shade, in average, well-draining soils. The plants require regular watering during the growing season to produce the 4" long, 2"-4" wide leaves with their spectacular colors. The seeds need warm soil in order to germinate, so plant outdoors in late spring for a summer long display of color.