How To Store Canna & Calla Lily Bulbs In Basement For Spring? - Knowledgebase Question

Saginaw, MI
Question by Bcee00
How to store my Canna & Calla lillies bulbs after taking out of my garden and storing in basement.

0

This information is from "Flowering Bulbs for Dummies" by Judy Glattstein and the NGA and it applies to most summer-blooming bulbs. Pack in a cardboard box lined with a perforated plastic bag filled with dry peat moss, vermiculite, or wood shavings. Make sure bulbs do not touch, so that if one develops rot it won't spread easily. The temperature should be comfortably cool, around 50-60 degrees. Punch enough holes in the plastic so that moisture can escape, but not so many that the roots will dry up. Check on them every month or so.