Flowers For July Wedding... - Knowledgebase Question

Belgrade, ME
Question by mommypop777
Our daughter's wedding is on July 28th and she would like to give each person attending a small clay pot with flowers in it, namely, forget-me-nots. Is it possible to start them from seed and have them bloom in July? What would you recommend? Thank you for your help.

0

Forcing forget me nots to bloom on a particular date can be very difficult. Since wedding preparations seem to be stressful enough already, you might consider presenting guests with a dear little pot filled with a packet of forget me not seeds (with a colorful picture on it) and tied with a pretty, coordinating ribbon. This gift would not only be more reliable and cleaner and simpler to prepare, it would also be much easier for folks to take home with them than a live plant in a pot of damp dirt.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"