Can To Much Fertilizer Be Bad For Indoor Plants? - Knowledgebase Question

Harrisburg, PA
Question by eastbabe
I am currently growing brassica rapa a form of a mustard plant. It is contained in a small planting cell. Can I harm it by putting to much fertilizer in the planting cell? Is to much fertilizer bad for plants?

0

It is quite possible to overfertilize and harm the plant. In general, it is best to follow the label instructions for dilution or application rates or in some cases to use a little less. New seedlings in particular are very sensitive to this. They should not be fertilized at all until they have developed true leaves and they should be fed with a dilute solution of water soluble fertilzer rather than granular forms applied to the soil.