Foliage For Privacy Purposes. Can You Help Me? - Knowledgebase Question

Canisteo, NY
Question by muffin7
November 10, 2000
I am looking for tall plume-like foliage for privacy purposes...I have seen some when I was driving by a company in Rochester, NY and that is what I am looking for. Have no idea what they are called. Help?

Answer from NGA
November 10, 2000


Based on your description you have probably seen some ornamental grasses "in bloom" and at the peak of their size. These plants are cut down to the ground in late fall or very early spring and then regrow throughout the summer. In fall, they send up the blooming stalks or plumes. Since they are not so tall for much of the season, they are not usually used alone for privacy screening.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "A Trellis Divider"