Planting Lavender And Tulip - Knowledgebase Question

Chiang Mai, In
Question by Khanhithere
I have a big farm that used to plant onion in Northern region of Thailand. I would like to change to plant some flowers such as lavender and tulip. Would it be possible for me to plant them. The yearly average temperature is 20-25 C. During winter the average temperature is around 6-15 C. If I am able to plant lavender and tulip, where can I buy seeds and bulb.

Thanks in advance for your help
Eakarat Khan

0

Lavender should be grow well in your climate, as long as your soil is well drained, since it does not like to be kept too moist.

Tulips may be a bit more difficult, since the bulbs need 8 to 12 weeks of cool temperatures in order to flower well. I doubt that your climate stays cool long enough for them.