Plant Identification - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Burnie, MD
Question by qoolwine
I have this plant but have no idea what it is or what it's called. I've been told that it is a tropical plant. The plant is green with heavy, oval hard skinned leaves. The leaves are thick and seems like they hold water within. This is all I can explain for now but if you can be of any help, I would like to know what type of plant this is.

0

I'm going to guess that your plant is a Jade, just based upon the description of the leaves. Jade is a succulent and likes average household temperatures during the spring and summer months and cool winter temperatures (50F to 55F degrees). A bright windowsill is the perfect spot, with some direct sunlight. Allow the soil to dry out between waterings and water only once or twice during the winter. Too much water will cause root and stem rot. Jade likes fresh air, but not cold drafts.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"