English Ivy - Knowledgebase Question

Springfield, MO
Question by jjuilfs
I keep killing my ivy house plants. I thought I was over watering them, so I got new ones and tried not to water them too often, but they died too. What am I doing wrong?

0

this pest looks like flat little brown disks attached to the leaves or stem. At about this time of year (winter)they are soft enough to rub off with a fingernail -- inspect the entire plant carefully under a bright light. You can also treat them with insecticidal soap when they are in the soft stage.

Las tbut not least, sometimes the plants we purchase have nearly outgrown their pots and they are too crowded. This can make them wilt often and decline in quality. If your plant needs to be repotted, try to match the same type of potting soil and move it up to a slightly larger pot rather than a much larger pot.

I hope this helps you trouble shoot the problem.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"