Spraying Devices - Knowledgebase Question

Ithaca, NY
Question by ARIstotleF
January 25, 2001
I am looking for a device that can hold a LOT of liquid to be sprayed pump-style, with the device being held in one hand and the pumping mechanism in another. You know, the thing in all the cartoons. Generally, they're filled with insect repellant and sprayed all over the place. What is this device called and where can I find one? Thanks.

Answer from NGA
January 25, 2001


The old fashioned sprayer similar to a bicycle pump with a little cannister at one end is not used today, although I have occasionally seen them at flea markets as collectibles. (Here is a discussionof spray equipment available to gardeners today that http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/gar... you might find interesting.)
Instead, I think a trombone sprayer would possibly meet your needs since it can be used with a bucket or similar container instead of being attaches to a tank that has to be carried. Hudson is a brand you will see quite often.
I hope this is helpful.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Penstemon Dark Towers blooms"