Soil Cubes - Knowledgebase Question

Mays Landing, NJ
Avatar for wheelartist
Question by wheelartist
January 25, 2001
I saw an old show called "Gardening Naturally" and Elliot Coleman was using several different size square metal forms to make soil cubes. You put your mix in the form and pushed a bar down and out popped a soil cube with an indention in the top for the seed. As the plant grows, you make a cube of the next size and the smaller cube with the plant fits right in. Anyway, where can I get these from? No garden center around here has them and the people look at you like you are crazy when you tell them about the form. I noticed burpee sells the cubes but not the forms to make them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Answer from NGA
January 25, 2001
You are not crazy. It's called a "soil blocker" (!) and is available from Charley's Greenhouse Supply under propagation supplies: http://www.charleysgreenhouse....

A web search using soil blocker as your terms may yield additional suppliers.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Daphne"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.