Pesty Rabbits - Knowledgebase Question

Coquitlam, BC
Question by rkaraboitis
I would like to know what types of plants rabbits are not interested in eating. I have a lot of wild rabbits around my garden and fencing all of the area is not feasible.

0

There are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits from eating your flowers. Try 'Get Away' or 'Deer Away' available from Burpee. 'Deer Away' is efffective in deterring deer and rabbits and lasts 7-10 dayswithout washing off. Natural scent repellents are also available such as fox and coyote urine. I have found that rabbits quickly realize there is no actual threat though. You could also try constructing a fence of 1-inch chicken wire that should be 2feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or dusty miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"