Getting Rid of Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

CA
Question by jennifercog4
There is a certain type of grass weed and I can't ever seem to get rid of. I think it is called crabgrass.I have tried fertilizer, pulling it out, and weed repellent. Is there any hope left?

0

Let's start first with some cultural control suggestions. You can dig the crabgrass out. It's labor intensive, but effective, and easy on the environment. If you prefer to use chemical control, just remember that crabgrass germinates January through March, and continues to germinate through the summer. Apply pre-emergents before the end of January and again in late May. You can use the synthetic products you describe, or you might try the organic alternative called WOW. This pre-emergent herbicide, a by-product of corn syrup production, controls controls crabgrass and contains nitrogen fertilizer to nourish your lawn. It is available from Gardens Alive, 5100 Schenley Place, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025, ph# 812-537-8650.