Care Of Ligustrum Lucidum - Knowledgebase Question

Spartanburg, SC
Question by bisson151
I have moved to a house that has two of these plants. I do not know how to care for it, (sun, shade, draught, pests, etc.)I had to move the shrubs and now they are losing leaves and have brown spots on them. I think they take full sun and I moved to a shady spot. Could that be the problem?

0

While most Ligustrum are shrubs used for hedges, L. lucidum will grow into a small tree. Provide full sun to part shade and water regularly during the growing season (spring through fall). If your plants are losing leaves I suspect they've suffered transplant shock. If you keep them watered (one inch per week) they should recover. The brown spots may be a disease, or may be evidence of burning (from water droplets remaining on the leaves during hot, sunny afternoons). At this point I'd water faithfully and prune the affected branches out in the spring when new growth begins. Good luck with your Ligustrum!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"