Something Is Sprouting - Don't Know What It Is - Knowledgebase Question

East Meadow, NY
Question by koderwald
I'm not sure if I selected the correct category as I am new to gardening. But I just noticed today there is something sprouting in my backyard. I'm not sure what it is. Is there a way I can look up my sprout? It's probably a Hosta or Mums that I had there originally but relocated. But I want to try to find out now rather than wait to see what comes up. Thanks.

0

Unfortunately I am not aware of a site with photos of plants emerging from the soil except for weed seedlings. During a mild spell, hostas may begin to grow. They look like horns coming out of the soil. Mums would probably sprout later, their foliage tends to spread outward in a ring from the original site and looks like mini mum foliage. I hope this helps.