Winter Planting - Knowledgebase Question

Berekeley, CA
Question by lprah
What should one do during the winter for a spring-fall garden? My mother lives in NY State, loves gardening and her
birthday is in February. I'd love to send her something for her garden. Do you recommend sending bulbs? If so, which ones? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0

In many areas the ground is still snow covered, so it might be difficult to plant anything outdoors. In my experience, one of the nicest gives is a gift certificate or check along with several catalogs to browse, or an advance ticket to a flower show. This helps pass the time in happy anticipation of spring. It also solves the problem of trying to guess which plants might please and do well in someone else's garden.