Moles, Voles And Gophers - Knowledgebase Question

Fayetteville, NC
Question by robynrags
How do you tell the difference between a mole, vole or gopher? I have tunnels but no mounds. A lot of my bulbs have come up but a lot didn't come up which may be due to them being old bulbs which were not stored properly. I have more bulbs to plant but want to know what I am dealing with first. I have read your other questions so I know what the remedies are for each one I'm just not sure which one I have.

0

Voles are tiny creatures, and are sometimes referred to as field mice. They don't dig tunnels or make large mounds. Moles don't always make visible, above-ground tunnels, either, but can simply make mounds of soil, with a hole in the top, along their paths. If the mounds are fan-shaped with a hole near the edge, you probably have an infestation of gophers. Hope this helps!