Where Can I Find This Flower? - Knowledgebase Question

West Babylon, NY
Question by themotherz
March 3, 2001
Looking desperatly for a flower.I think it is called :"vasey wake robin"Please help me find it.I need one for my Mother.I have been looking for years,to no avail.Thank you for your time.

Answer from NGA
March 3, 2001


Sweet Wakerobin or Vasey's Trillium (Trillium vaseyi) requires a moist rich organic soil in order to survive; in the wild it is often found along streams in shady, deciduous woods. Since it is a specialized wildflower, it is not often offered for sale. You may be able to order this plant from wildflower specialists such as Gardens of the Blue Ridge. (http://gardensoftheblueridge.c...) Additional sources may be located by using a search engine such as google.com and using the latin name for the search term. Please be sure that any plant you order are nursery grown and propagated and are not collected from the wild.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "'Blue Tango'"