My Morning Glories Flower But I Have No Leaves With Them. - Knowledgebase Question

Nashwauk, MN
Question by oreo0
I have planted Morning Glories for 3 years I get flowers and a plain vine there is no greenery at all with them. How can I get them to produce leaves as well?

0

That's unusual. Most people have plenty of foliage, but no blooms! You might try fertilizing with a nitrogen fertilizer to promote foliage. Make sure the plant is not stressed for water. Water slowly and deeply to a depth of 12 inches. Here?s some basic info on fertilizer and nutrients that plants require. The 3 numbers on a fertilizer bag refer to the percentage of N (nitrogen), P (phosphorus), and K (potassium) in the bag. There are different formulations for different purposes. In general terms, nitrogen produces lush green growth, phosphorus helps strengthen stems and produce flowers, and potassium keeps the root system healthy. Look for a product with a higher first number, such as 10-5-5. .

Organic sources of nutrients:

Nitrogen: alfalfa meal, blood meal, coffee grounds, cottonseed meal, fish emulsion, seabird guano.

Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"