Source For 'galax Urceolata' - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmington, DE
Question by phrazzled
Please help! I wish to find a source for 'galax urceolata' plants, seeds, or whatever--have been looking for some time & am totally frustrated at local garden centers (including the venerable "Waterloo Gardens" in Exton, PA)--with the wide use of the leaves of this groundcover in the retail floral industry I didn't think I'd have this much difficulty finding a grower!
Thank you for any leads you can provide!

0

Galax is a native wildflower requiring specialized growing conditions and is slow to spread, so this may explain why many nurseries do not carry it. You will need to search at nurseries specializing in native plants such as Gardens of the Blue Ridge. http://gardensoftheblueridge.c... An internet search using the latin name as the search term on a search engine such as google.com should yield more sources.
Please make sure that any plants you purchase are nursery propagated rather than wild collected.