Finding Critter Fencing? Where Do I Find It To Purchase? - Knowledgebase Question

East Hampton, NY
Question by DPLM777
I HAVE A TULIP GARDEN, EVERY YEAR I GROW BEAUTIFUL TULIPS. BUT TO MY DISAPPOINTMENT THE LITTLE RABBITS, SEEM TO ENJOY THEM BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO BLOOM. WHERE COULD I PURCHASE A WIRE TYPE FENCING TO PLACE AROUND MY TULIP GARDEN? DO YOU HAVE ANY I COULD ORDER? THANK YOU.

0

In order to keep animals such as rabbits or deer from eating the tulip blooms, you will need to encase them in a wire mesh such as chicken wire. (This kind of wire is sold in rolls.) You could also try using a repellent, either a commercial formulation or a homemade one using garlic. Another possibility would be to use several strands of electric fencing....which requires access to electricity for the charger. Burpee offers a repellent spray, but for the other types of fencing you will need to try a hardware store or lumber yard or farm supply store.